Welcome to American Language Academy
American Language Academy* (ALA) can make a difference in your life. We realize that our students will achieve the results we expect only if we provide a meaningful, engaging, and challenging educational experience. Our programs are designed to give personal attention to every student in an open and interactive environment, where we show respect for your culture and background. We focus on you acquiring the English skills necessary to achieve your personal language goals. We offer “immersion” tours and a wide range of out-of-class activities that reinforce learning and provide educational, cultural, and recreational enrichment.
ALA will meet your English language needs with various courses and levels such as in our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) intensive program, as well as through specialized English training and English language tutoring. In addition, we can provide short-term, focused language courses for groups in the summer or at other convenient times during the year.
If you wish to attend college, you can receive a Conditional Letter of Admission* (CLA) to a partner college or university upon enrollment in our intensive program. Our student services advisors will work to help you apply for admission to the university or college of your choice.
ALA is centrally located in the safe, beautiful, and vibrant city of Greensboro, North Carolina. Our main campus is ideally situated near the center of downtown Greensboro and among seven major universities and college campuses. In addition to our main Greensboro campus location, we also hold classes on the beautiful and historic Guilford College, where you can experience student life on an American college campus.
*American Language Academy is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation for the period April 2013 through April 2014 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency for English language programs and institutions in the U.S. For further information about this accreditation, please contact CEA, 801 North Fairfax Street, Suite 402A, Alexandria, VA 22314, 703.665-3400, www.cea-accredit.org.
Guilford College’s Campus www.guilford.edu/campus-life
“You belong here in safe, warm, & friendly North Carolina”
What We Offer..
- Six (6) levels of intensive English language training at a very affordable price
- Integrated English language skills with incredible academic & cultural enrichment
- Conditional Admission to our partner colleges or university when you enroll*
- Waiver of TOEFL requirement for college admission with partner schools
- The option to attend your ESL class on a college campus and be part of real college community.
- Live with a preselected American home-stay family for cultural immersion experience
- Specially designed curriculum, project-based learning, and experienced Master TESOL instruction
- Organized learning tours to local educational and cultural attractions and nearby major US cities
- Assistance with college selection & admission process
- Conversation partners available
- Authorization under U.S. Federal law to issue I-20 visas and enroll non-immigrant students
* Student must meet all other University/College admission requirements for international students and successfully complete ALA Academic English (Level 5)
American Language Academy adheres to CEA Policies and Procedures (http://www.cea-accredit.org/images/pdfs/policies-and-procedures-march-2013.pdf) and maintains the CEA Standards (http://www.cea-accredit.org/about-cea/standards.html). Please follow instructions in the CEA document “Filing a Complaint Against an Accredited Program” (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_UtRIBBZvr9b3dYelBrSUt4LUU/edit) to file a complaint.
4411 W. Market Street, Suite 100
Greensboro, NC 27407 USA
Tel (336) 285-7318
Tel (336) 252-8955
Fax (336) 482-9975
The American Language Academy (ALA) offers quality English instruction in small classes in the heart of North Carolina. Our program includes individual attention, with a focus on acquiring the English skills for you to achieve your language goals.